Welcome back to the blog friends and hello to a brand new category: RECIPES
I am a big foodie and love cooking. I am finding the balance in loving to cook daily, making meals that feed 1-2, meal prepping, and more all while I have a busy schedule and different school/work hours each day.
I hope this new category helps you find some new favs or a new way to make a classic recipe you already love! None of these recipes are solely mine, but I do add my own twist to each one to make it my own :)
Let's get into today recipe!
YUMMY CHICKEN TORTELLINI WITH ALFREDO SAUCE
1 package of cheese tortellini
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 cup of chicken broth
3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 -2 chicken breasts
salt & pepper to taste
red pepper chili flakes for finishing touch
1. Cook chicken with desired seasoning (I used paprika and season it all by the Fiesta Brand - these together gave the chicken a little kick in spice!) then set aside.
2. Bring a salted pot of water to a boil and cook tortellini according to directions on the package.
3. While the tortellini is cooking, start the sauce. Add the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once it's hot, sprinkle in the flour and let it cook for about a minutes making sure to stir it.
4. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice to the pan and start whisking it to dissolve the flour. Whisk for about 3o seconds.
5. Pour the cream in to the pan and add the garlic powder. Continue whisking until you've got a smooth sauce. Let it reduce for a minute or two or until desired thickness is reached*.
6. Stir in the parmesan. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Add in the chicken and drained pasta. Toss to let it heat through. Once plated add red pepper chili flakes for a finishing touch, serve, and enjoy!
*If the sauce becomes too thick, add a bit more cream or chicken broth. If it's not thick enough add a little flour.
Easy as that friends! Took me less than 30 mins and made about 4ish servings. If you make it using my recipe, tag me over on Instagram @allthingskagie.
For my visual friends, I shared a reel over on instagram of me cooking this recipe. Click here to check it out! Hope you enjoy!!